The Handbook of Commercial Real Estate Investing
By: John McKean
Published: May 20th 2007
Format: Ebook (PDF)
A Codifying “Best Practices” Guide to Effectively Managing the Entire Real Estate Investment Process
The Handbook of Commercial Real Estate Investing delivers an authoritative “best practices” approach to the three major areas of the industry: investment transactions, asset management, and enterprise management. Skillfully written by John McMahan, a leader of the U.S. commercial real estate investment industry, The Handbook of Commercial Real Estate Investing presents state-of-the-art methods needed to successfully invest in and manage commercial properties such as office buildings, shopping centers, industrial buildings, apartments, and hotels.
Designed to codify the industry “best practices” encouraged by financial institutions, The Handbook of Commercial Real Estate Investing offers:
- Complete guidelines for the critical “due diligence” stage of the investment process
- Effective asset management techniques for leasing, property management, and tenant relations
- Detailed procedures for reporting to investors on the financial performance of the real estate portfolio
- Information on using technology in the “due diligence” process
- A wealth of sample forms and checklists used in real estate investment
- A valuable glossary of real estate investment terms
Authoritative and easy to use, The Handbook of Commercial Real Estate Investing will serve as a valuable strategic guide to managing the overall real estate investment process, as well as a “best practices” tool for improving each operating area.