By: Ian Lurie
- What is video SEO?
- Debunking video-ranking myths
- Picking a video hosting service
- Researching topics and keywords
- Writing a great title and descriptions
- Getting viewers to subscribe and comment
- Using social media to announce videos
- Creating an optimized playlist and channel
- Analyzing your success
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent, an internet marketing agency that has provided internet marketing, including search, social, and analytics services, since 1995.
He recently co-published the 2nd edition of the Web Marketing All-In-One for Dummies and wrote the sections on SEO, blogging, social media and web analytics. He also wrote Conversation Marketing: Internet Marketing Strategies. He writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com, and TechCrunch.
His educational background includes a B.A. in history from UC San Diego and a degree in law from UCLA. Along the way, he’s been an amateur competitive cyclist, a bike messenger, a roof consultant, a technical writer and an Adobe FrameMaker consultant. You may find him teaching his kids to play D&D; on the weekends, or dragging his tongue on the ground as he pedals his way up Seattle’s ridiculously steep hills.